West Windsor Little League announces details regarding umpiring opportunities for new umpire candidates and returning umpires for 2015.
WWLL is always in need of new umpires and offers appropriate training for new recruits. Training classes will be held in February for the upcoming spring season. Eligibility and requirements include:
- Open to boys and girls age 14 and older (as of April 1)
- WE ENCOURAGE ADULT PARTICIPATION if you are interested in learning to ump, this is not just a ‘youth’ program.
- League will reimburse your $40 training and equipment fee after you work 5 games
- Flexible schedules – work around your other activities
- Enhance your knowledge of the games of baseball and softball, develop leadership skills, gain self-confidence, and earn some spending money.
- Youth umpires work both Baseball and Softball games from April through June, September and October.
- Earn money:
- New Umpires earn $15-$20 per game
- 2nd year Umpires with game experience earn $20-$25 per game*
- 3rd year Umpires with game experience earn $25-30 per game*
Here are the scheduled dates for the District 12 Little League Umpire Training for 2015:
Date Time (pm) Location
Day 1: West Windsor - Tues., February 3, 2015 6:00 - 8:00 West Windsor Senior Center
Day 2: West Windsor - Tues., February 10, 2015 6:30 - 8:00 West Windsor Senior Center
Day 3: West Windsor - Tues., February 17, 2015 6:30 - 8:00 West Windsor Senior Center
Day 4: West Windsor - Tues., February 24, 2015 6:30 - 8:00 West Windsor Senior Center
Day 1: Hamilton - Wed., February 4, 2015 6:00 - 8:00 Reynold’s Middle School
Day 2: Hamilton - Wed., February 11, 2015 6:30 - 8:00 Reynold’s Middle School
Day 3: Hamilton - Wed., February 18, 2015 6:30 - 8:00 Reynold’s Middle School
Day 4: Hamilton - Wed., February 25, 2015 6:30 - 8:00 Reynold’s Middle School
Tuesday March 3, 2015 6:00 - 8:00 West Windsor Senior Center
Wednesday March 4, 2015 6:00 - 8:00 Reynold's Middle School
Sunday March 8, 2014 1:00 - 5:00 Nottingham Little League Tentative / Weather
Cost this year is $40. ($25 class fee + $15 for the Cadet Umpiring Shirt)
Included in the $25 fee is:
- Plate brush
- Umpire’s Manual
- “The Right Call”
- Ball Bag
- Umpire’s Little League Patch
- Rule Book
- Snacks and Drinks during On-Field Practical
- 11 hours of instruction and training
If you are interested in applying to be an umpire, please register through the Registration button at the top of this page. We will contact everyone who expresses an interest by early February, 2015. For additional information, contact
*2nd and 3rd year umpires will also need a predetermined amount of game experience in field and plate assignments to achieve ‘vet’ status.